Oh how I have missed you!!!

Ahhhh...it feels so good to be blogging again!
I have so many things to tell you all!
First off I'm so happy to announce that we are expecting baby #2!!!
I couldn't be more excited!
Although I was so sick for the first 3 months!
I couldn't do anything but lay in bed and try to not vomit!!!
It was really bad! 
I'm almost 20 weeks now and I am feeling so much better!
I'm actually able to say I'm enjoying it!
 As soon as I was feeling better my laptop took a crap and my sister went into labor!
It was and has been a living nightmare!
I want to share her story in hopes that anyone who has or may go through the same thing can be given hope! Here is her story...
I received a phone call at around 4:00 in the am and I heard those beautiful words..."are you ready to have a baby"...I was so excited! Her water had broke! I was getting ready and called her to see when they would be leaving but when I called I could hear the fear in her voice..."I cant talk I'm bleeding we are leaving now"...I was so scared! I threw on some clothes and headed to the hospital. I met my mom in the parking lot and we went in. When we got to the room she was doing good. They assured her it was her "bloody show". She was given an epidural right away and started pitocin soon after. She continued to bleed for a couple of hours. The epidural wasn't working and she was starting to feel stronger contractions. The doctor came in to check her and she was at a 4 and 70% effaced but the baby was still very high. He wasn't concerned about the bleeding so she continued to labor for about 6 more hours. It was hell having to see my sister in so much pain! They kept trying to give more of the epidural but nothing was working. They checked her again and she was making no progress. About 30 min later she was feeling a lot of pressure and so they checked her again and she had gone from a 4 to an 8!!! We were all so excited! She was still only 70% and baby had came down a little but was facing up! They called in another nurse that is really good with manipulations and they tried for about 2 hours to turn the baby! My sister was in so much pain and was feeling dizzy and faint! She was totally out of it! She couldn't hold her eyes open and just kept saying she didn't want to die! I wanted to take it all away for her! I would have traded places with her if I could have!!! She was still bleeding...The nurse finally told her it was time for an emergency c-section! They paged the doctor and we waited...and waited...and waited. They couldn't get a hold of him for 2 hours!!! It was by far the worst two hours of all of our lives!!! They were prepping her and made sure that when they finally got a hold of him she was ready! When he finally called back he was still 30 min away from the hospital...when he got there they rushed her out...she was screaming and holding her belly saying something isn't right!!! I cried and cried! When it was all finally over we went back to see her in recovery and she was out of it! They had to put her out because the doctor started cutting her and she wasn't numb yet! She could feel everything! The anesthesiologist told the doctor to wait but he said it was too late he already started so they had to put her out! I cant even imagine how scary! That's your worst fear when thinking of a c-section...what if I'm not numb and I feel everything! My poor sister had to live that nightmare! While she was in recovery the doctor from the NICU came in and told us that the baby was being transferred to another hospital by ambulance in 30 min. Her placenta had detached itself and that's why there was so much blood but also the babies oxygen was compromised. They were afraid that there might be brain damage...The next 3 weeks turned out to be just as terrible as the labor...My sister was given a blood transfusion and the baby was undergoing a cooling treatment. They cool the babies core body temperature to 94 degrees for 3 days and then slowly bring it back to normal over a 6 hour period. This is to decrease any brain damage that might take place! 
Our little Liam was in the NICU for 3 weeks! It was a roller coaster ride! Good days and bad days...
I'm happy to say that he is doing good and is now home with mom and dad and his big brother! 
Its going to be a long  road ahead. 
They cant give a clear answer as to how much damage if any but they do know that if there is any damage it could be as sever as cerebral palsy to nothing at all!
This all could possibly been avoided if the hospital and doctor would have been prompt!
A lot of times I think they get into a routine of how things typically go and don't look at the patients as  individuals.
If you ever have bleeding during any point in your pregnancy even at the end...demand an ultrasound!!!
If you feel uncomfortable with a doctor or nurse let someone know!!!
Its your body and your baby!
I truly believe that mothers know when something is not right!
Listen to your gut!!! 
Everyone that has prayed and is continuing to pray for my sister and her family...
Thank you,
they have been the most important part of Liam being home and healthy!!!
I will continue to update on his progress and will add pictures soon!
He is the most adorable little guy and I couldn't be a more proud Auntie!

No comments: