1.17.2011

Washer Necklace

So I woke up yesterday morning with this idea to make a necklace with old washers my hubby had laying around in his garage. I put some things together and this is what I came up with... I thought it was pretty cute and I wore it all around the other day so I thought I would share with you how to make one of your own!

What I used:
Glue Gun
3 Washers ( 2 small , 1 big )
3 strips of fabric ( about 12 - 16 in. )
Scissors
First Step
Take one of the small washers and the fabric of your choice and glue the end of the fabric to the washer like so...

Then wrap the entire washer with the fabric
and continue these steps on all 3 washers
Then your going to take a small piece of fabric ( about 4 - 6 in. )
and your going to wrap that around one small washer and your big washer like this...
( by the way...am I really this white...? geezz )
Repeat this step with your other small washer.
Now for your necklace part you can use what ever you would like. For this example I just used the rest of the fabric I had left over just so you can get an idea. I just tied it to both ends to make a necklace. I made another one and used chain and I just glued it to the back of the washers...

And...whala! All done.
So easy and so dang cute! I love it!
Leave a comment and let me know what you think!
Love
Me!

No comments: